Here at CRA World HQ, we’re looking for a Program Manager. Below is the official notice. If you or someone you know might be interested, please apply! Send applications and inquiries to email@example.com. The position will remain open until a suitable applicant is found!
This posting will expire on December 31, 2011.
Organization/Institution: Computing Research Association (CRA)
Posted: August 25, 2011
CRA’s mission is to strengthen research and advance education in the computing fields, expand opportunities for women and minorities, and improve public and policymaker understanding of the importance of computing and computing research in our society.
The role of the Program Manager is to support the CRA in the development and execution of programs that benefit the computing community by increasing participation and diversity in computing research. Specific tasks include the following (not exhaustive):
- Work with CRA volunteers to plan, design and implement new and existing programs.
- Oversee, track and provide updates of all related activities (including assessment and evaluation of programs)
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of telephone and in-person professional meetings, workshops and special events
- Participate in committee and program meetings, on the phone and in person, traveling as required
- Assist committee members in securing funding for various programs
- Write proposals and reports, including the development and implementation of budgets
- Manage all federal and foundation funding for committees
- Facilitate communication between and among external and internal constituencies
- Work closely with volunteers and the webmasters to develop promotional materials, newsletters and web content
- Increase visibility of the organization through participation at conferences, development of promotional materials and collaborations with other groups
The selected candidate will work closely with the chairs of the CRA committees, particularly CRA-W, that he or she will support. This position requires the ability to work independently and with significant autonomy. Initiative, organization, maturity, accounting experience and judgment are vital to this position. The staff member must operate under pressure in a busy office and maintain comprehensive control of a multitude of projects simultaneously while pushing all projects to timely completion and providing continual updates on the status of each project to the appropriate stakeholders. Reliability and good communication skills are key requirements. A strong interest in computing research and its impacts is desired. Availability to travel offsite to various meetings is necessary.
This is not a research position. It is a position working with and supporting the computing research community.
- Experience working with a research community
- Financial management and accounting experience in a non-profit environment; particularly experience with the National Science Foundation’s processes and procedures
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
The Computing Research Association is an association of more than 200 North American academic departments of computer science, computer engineering, and related fields; laboratories and centers in industry, government, and academia engaging in basic computing research; and affiliated professional societies with a focus on enhancing the computing research environment. CRA offers an excellent benefits package and competitive salaries. For more information, see www.cra.org.