Website Computing Research Association
The Computing Research Association (CRA) is seeking a Program Manager to work closely with the CRA Director of Programs to ensure that mission objectives are achieved. The Program Manager will provide comprehensive support and leadership to initiatives to further enrich the community’s awareness of CRA, its committees, mission, and services.
The ideal candidate will be a clear communicator, excellent project manager, fast learner, and committed to working collaboratively in a team environment. This role is designed for a highly motivated person who can support administrative needs and also assist with managing the activities of programs aimed at broadening participation in computing. An ability to execute assigned tasks of varying complexity in a responsive, on- deadline manner, often with significant autonomy, is essential. A willingness to broaden one’s awareness of the Computer Science and Engineering field is a must.
The program manager supports day-to-day activities; ensuring operations proceed smoothly and effectively, and that we continue to meet all contractual obligations in a timely and high-quality fashion.
Responsibilities (not exhaustive)
- Program Coordination: Coordinate multiple tasks on CRA-W projects, including aspects of the projects’ timeline, budget, and operations. Assist project staff, committee members, evaluators and other stakeholders, to help them achieve project goals.
- Event Planning: Coordinate meetings, workshops, and webinars. Provide logistical support for meetings and activities including lodging reservations, meeting space, food and beverage services, A/V equipment, print and web materials;
- Community Organizing: Conduct onsite community outreach at conferences to develop relationships and share information about our programs with attendees.
- Writing: Assist with preparation and dissemination of written materials such as brochures, flyers, newsletters, PowerPoint slides, meeting minutes, and reports.
- Communications: Work with CRA’s Communications Specialist to update the CRA-W website (WordPress platform) and use social media (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) to increase outreach and awareness of CRA-W activities.
- Education: Master’s degree or equivalent experience;
- 3+ years project management experience
- Adept in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Mailchimp (preferred, but not necessary);
- Experience with Webex Platform (required);
- Experience with website editing or WordPress (required);
- Ability to travel (required)
CRA seeks to fill this position immediately. CRA is an equal-opportunity employer. Please e-mail questions or a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.