As part of the Distributed Research Experiences for Undergraduates program, each student and their mentor is expected to submit a Progress Report on the student’s research experience. The reports are to be submitted about midway through the research experience, and the submissions will trigger the student’s third stipend payment.
Both the mentor and the student reports must be submitted through the DREU portal.
- Progress reports submitted by the student must include:
- A brief description of your project:
- How many weeks have you worked so far, and how many weeks do you have left?
- What is the status of your project? (include what you have accomplished so far and what you expect to accomplish in the rest of the summer)
- What has been your biggest challenge so far? What is the most exciting thing that has happened so far?
- What is your working environment? For example, how frequently do you meet your mentor, the grad students in your group, others in the department, etc? Are you working on your project alone, with another undergrad, or with a graduate student. Have you attended any research talks?
- What is your housing and roommate situation?
- Is there anything else that you would like us to know about your experience? Is there anything you would like to tell your mentor (these comments, if any, will be forwarded to your mentor)?
- Progress reports submitted by the mentor must include:
- Please describe the student’s project:
- What is the student’s progress to date, and what do you expect the student to accomplish by the end of the summer?
- Please say a few words about the student’s working environment. For example, how frequently does the student meet with you, with your grad students, others in the department, etc? Is the student working on its own, with another undergrad, or with a grad student? Etc.
- Is there anything else you would like us to know (for example — things that are not working well, suggestions for improvement, methods you found useful to welcome the student into your research group, something interesting or exciting about the student)
- Is there anything you would like to tell the student (these comments, if any, will be forwarded to the student)?