Guidelines for Expense Reimbursements from CRA
We ask participants traveling at CRA’s expense to please do so as economically as is reasonable and follow these guidelines. CRA can reimburse only necessary and reasonable expenses. These typically include economy airfare, ground transportation, and meals while traveling. This also includes reasonable expense for meals. Use the federal per diem as a guideline to “reasonable.”
Consider the following restrictions when making your arrangements:
- Car rentals are not allowed unless pre-approved for unique circumstances.
- Meals provided by the conference/meeting/workshop will not be reimbursed.
- Personal items will not be reimbursed.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be reimbursed.
- Combined travel – If you combine CRA travel with other professional or personal activities, only the portion directly related to CRA may be claimed for reimbursement. If the extension increases your airfare, you will not be reimbursed for the additional amount.
- IMPORTANT: When you submit your expenses (after you successfully participate in the CRA program), you must include a comparable quote showing what the fare would have been if you had not extended your stay, as well as your actual airfare receipt.
- Please find a comparable itinerary at the same time as you are booking your ‘extended’ travel and take a screenshot. You will submit both as part of your reimbursement after you successfully attend the workshop.
- Standard Federal travel policies apply- CRA will reimburse for non-refundable economy airfare on U.S. Flag carriers.