Bard College invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Computer Science to begin Fall 2024.
A Ph.D. in computer science or a related field is required. The successful candidate will be committed to innovative undergraduate teaching at a liberal arts college with a diverse student body, maintaining an active research program, contributing to the general education curriculum, and engaging with the life of the college.
- We seek candidates with scholarly pursuits that complement the current faculty specializations in computational biology, computer science education, artificial intelligence, natural language, spoken human/computer interfaces, human-robot interaction, data science, and algebraic and symbolic computation.
- Candidates should also be excited about interdisciplinary connections and the possibility of contributing to existing interdisciplinary activities on campus and establishing new ones.
- The department offers a B.A. in computer science, leads the new program in Data Analytics, and contributes to several programs including Experimental Humanities and Mind, Brain, Behavior.
Please submit the following to Interfolio at: https://apply.interfolio.com/130313.
- Cover letter
- Separate teaching and research statements which include discussion of working with a diverse student population
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one addressing teaching)
Review of applications will begin October 16, 2023.