Computing Research Association
Computing Community Consortium (CCC)
CCC Program Associate
The Computing Research Association (CRA) seeks a highly motivated individual to serve as a Program Associate for the Computing Community Consortium (CCC) subcommittee. The program associate works closely with the CCC Director, Staff, and Council Members to ensure that CCC’s mission objectives are achieved in a timely and high-quality fashion.
The program associate provides support for the CCC by handling administrative and logistical matters, such as planning for meetings, visioning workshops, outreach activities, committee support, etc. He or she also interacts with key constituents, including members of the research community, and policy makers, to further enrich the awareness of CRA, its committees, its mission, and its services.
The position receives direct supervision from the CCC Director. An ability to execute on assigned tasks of varying complexity in a timely, on-deadline manner, often with significant autonomy, is necessary. Creativity, organization, strong interpersonal and communication skills, time management, attention to detail, technical proficiency, and sound judgment are vital.
Tasks include (not exhaustive):
- Manage aspects of workshop planning, execution, and follow through including:
- Managing participant lists, invites, and event registration through CVENT, G Suite, and/or Wufoo
- Facilitating the reimbursement process (form and questions) with CRA’s Reimbursement/Accounts Payable Specialist(s)
- Manage correspondence with participants (invitation, pre-reads, logistics, etc.)
- Scheduling phone calls with the workshop organizers
- Taking notes during workshops and related activities
- Ordering, packing, and shipping workshop supplies and materials
- Mailing finalized workshop reports to participants
- Update the CCC website with descriptions of events and CCC resources, photos, and new webpages using WordPress and basic HTML.
- Supporting CCC activities as needed
- Scheduling and taking notes during phone-calls
- Ordering and mailing materials (plaques, shirts, holiday cards, etc.)
- Managing report library
A bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in a science or technology or policy field is preferred, but not required. Background/experience in computer science and engineering is not necessary, but willingness to broaden one’s awareness of the field is a must.
CRA will begin interviewing for this position in February.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.