Computing Research Association
Center for Evaluating the Research Pipeline
The Computing Research Association (CRA) seeks a part-time employee to join our team as Research Assistant for the CRA Center for Evaluating the Research Pipeline (CERP).
CRA is a non-profit organization established in 1972 and has a membership of over 200 North American organizations active in computing research. Its mission is to strengthen research and advance education in computing fields, expand opportunities for women, minorities and persons with disabilities, and improve public and policymaker understanding of the importance of computing and computing research in society.
CERP is a research and evaluation center committed to promoting diversity in computing through its activities. The center’s primary activities include national-level survey data collection, program evaluation, and social science research.
The CERP Research Assistant will be assisting data collection and management, maintaining research protocols and records, performing preliminary statistical analyses, and working on dissemination of CERP research results. Creativity, organization, and strong communication skills are highly desired.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Preparing and submitting Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols, revisions, and renewals
• Programing and managing surveys using Qualtrics survey platform
• Conducting and reporting preliminary statistical analysis
• Disseminating research results through newsletters, social media, and blog posts
• Responding to and/or redirecting comments and questions received online
Desired skills and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a social science or related field
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of survey research and basic statistical analysis
• Experience preparing and managing IRB protocols
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word and Excel)
• Familiarity with Qualtrics survey platform
• Experience with WordPress, posting blog entries, and social media engagement
• Ability to use statistical software programs such as R, SPSS, or Stata is a plus
• This part-time (20-30 hr/week) position will be primarily remote, with occasional travel to CRA’s DC office located at 1828 L St. NW, Suite 800, Washington DC. Persons located in the greater DC metro area will be prioritized.
• CRA has an excellent benefits package.
• Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
CRA is an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply: Interested parties should send a cover letter, resume, and a list of 2-3 references to email@example.com.