Website Computing Research Association
Computing Research Association Seeks Grant Specialist
The Computing Research Association (CRA) is seeking a Grant Specialist to serve as liaison between project directors, committee members, principal investigators, and funding agencies. Responsible for coordination of required federal reporting and tracking of budgetary and reporting items for multiple active grant projects. An ability to execute on assigned tasks of varying complexity in a timely, on-deadline manner, often with significant autonomy, is necessary. Creativity, organization, strong interpersonal and communication skills, time management, attention to detail, technical proficiency, and sound judgment are vital.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as liaison between project directors, committee members, and principal investigators to ensure all activities conducted within grant-funded programs meet federal regulations and funder-specific requirements
- Participates with project directors in a monthly review and assessment of progress towards financial and programmatic goals and objectives
- Provides quarterly updates (more frequently as needed) to project directors, committee members, and principal investigators regarding program status, current and/or potential barriers to achieving goals of each specific grant award
- Understands program-specific guidelines and works with the project directors and accounting to ensure that appropriate recording & reporting mechanisms are in place
- Coordinates with project directors to establish adequate processes for collecting information necessary to maintain as part of the grant file
- Ensures timely submission of reports, i.e., annual reports and final reports, as appropriate based on program and internal guidelines
- Works with project directors, committee members, and principal investigators to develop new proposals and to write and submit requests for supplemental funding and no cost extension requests
- Identifies need for, and secures adequate documentation in support of, prior approval requests (scope changes, key staff, budget revisions, etc.)
- Identifies need for budget revisions
- Works with project directors, committee members, principal investigators, and finance to manage allocations within grant projects, e.g., evaluation, services, tech, etc.
- Works with project directors to ensure the maximum drawdown of funds, including federally compliant expenditure of all program income
- Identifies problems/errors and assists in coordinating corrective action plans
- Coordinates and compiles necessary documents to efficiently close-out grant programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or related field from an appropriately accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Advanced excel skill level required
- Relies on and informs guidelines to perform the function of the job
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with others
- Knowledge of federal rules, regulations, and cost accounting principles is preferred
- Knowledge of research.gov, grants.gov and PAMS is highly preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
CRA seeks to fill this position immediately.
In order to be considered for this position all applicants must e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About CRA: The Computing Research Association was established over 45 years ago and has members at more than 250 research entities in academia, industry, and government. Its mission is to strengthen research and advance education in computing fields, expand opportunities for women and minorities, and improve public and policymaker understanding of the importance of computing and computing research in society.
CRA is located in Washington, DC. CRA is an equal-opportunity employer.