NEC Laboratories America, Inc.
Optical Networking & Sensing
The Optical Networking and Sensing Research Department of NEC Laboratories America, located in Princeton, NJ, is seeking a Researcher. The successful candidate will participate in the development of data-driven social infrastructure solutions, should be able to work independently and as part of a team, show critical thinking and fast learning ability in their approach to problem solving.
• Research, develop, train, implement and evaluate machine learning models and new algorithms
• Search for and process data from the various sensing and IoT hardware
• Understand and leverage new data sources and integrate traditional structured data with unstructured data from physical and social media
• Assess business /customer requirements and translate them into data acquisition hardware and software specifications
• Develop data quality measures of recorded data and a framework that assesses data quality and cleanse data
• Collaborate closely with data scientists, engineering teams, data architects, platform developers to develop data-integration solutions
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
• Extensive research and development experience in data mining and machine learning
• Strong mathematical, statistical and programmatic knowledge
• Advanced signal processing and information theory background
• Solid understanding of design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
• Experience with large scale optimization and learning
• Experience with various deep learning libraries and data visualization platforms
• Development skills in modeling languages such as Matlab, R, etc.
• Proficient knowledge of Linux environment
• Debugging and troubleshooting the real-time issues
• Independently operating hardware platform and running system testing
For consideration, submit your CV and research statement through our career center at https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1715660.