NEC Laboratories America, Inc.
NEC Laboratories America, Inc.
NEC Laboratories America, Inc. (www.nec-labs.com) conducts research in support of NEC’s US and global business. Our lab has a broad research program that covers many areas and maintains a balance of fundamental and applied research.
The Data Science and System Security Department has been developing novel big data solutions and service platforms that simplify the management of complex systems and optimize business operations; and aims to continue developing next-generation data-driven technologies that support more innovative applications, including those in cybersecurity, autonomous driving, and 5G. We embrace every opportunity to leverage big data and artificial intelligence technologies to improve various areas in both the real world and the cyber world. Our research has resulted in both award-winning NEC products and publications in top conferences.
To advance AI-driven cybersecurity research, the DSSS Department is looking for an outstanding cybersecurity researcher who has the passion to apply and transform state-of-the-art artificial intelligence technologies such as machine learning and data mining to identify, address, and solve real-world cybersecurity challenges and problems.
· Identify and investigate emerging research topics and challenges in cybersecurity.
· Research and transform artificial intelligence techniques to advance the state of the art in
· Demonstrate research outcomes by developing prototypes and producing patents and/or publications.
· Collaborate across teams and business units to develop synergy between our research and NEC business.
· PhD in Computer Science with a strong publication record in security, systems, or related fields.
· Expertise and experience in programming in one or more of these languages: Python, Java, C, C++.
· Expertise and experience in at least one of the following areas: (1) vulnerability/attack analysis, (2) cloud/network/5G security, (3) intrusion/anomaly detection via system data, e.g., logs and system-call traces, (4) machine learning and data mining, (5) real-world system building.
· Work experience in a university, industry, or government lab(s), with a primary focus on security research.
· Interdisciplinary research spanning cybersecurity and machine learning.
· Experience with and fundamental understanding of machine learning techniques.
· Experience with threat modeling and threat hunting.
· Experience with offensive security and red team operations.
· Experience in building security defense systems, such as patch management, firewalls, intrusion detection, and prevention.
· Experience in designing, architecting, and building secure systems.
· Experience in processing large databases and high-volume data.
NEC Labs is located in Princeton, NJ, home of the Princeton University and one of New Jersey’s most beautiful and idyllic towns. The area offers many exciting cultural, entertainment, and outdoor activities. The office is minutes away from Princeton University and an hour from New York, Philadelphia, and the Atlantic Ocean.
For more information about NEC Labs, please access http://www.nec-labs.com/, and submit your CV and research statement through our career center at https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3123535.
Equal Opportunity Employer