Northern Arizona University
School of Informatics, Computing, and Cyber Systems
Assistant Teaching Professor in Computer Science
The School of Informatics, Computing, and Cyber Systems invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Teaching position to help lead a new CS4ALL certification program. This program will support Arizona K-12 teachers in the certification requirements for state computer science endorsements, which in turn will support a broader state goal to develop more qualified K-12 computer science teachers. The successful candidate should be able to teach introductory computer science course work, the foundations of teaching computer science, computer science electives, and have a strong background in computer science pedagogy with a preference for candidates that have experience related to teacher education and K-12 education. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Department of STEM Education and the Department of Educational Specialties to implement and deliver the CS4ALL certification program and engage both pre-service and in-service teachers.
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples. NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, proceed to NAU.edu/Careers, follow the ‘Faculty and Administrator Openings’ link, locate vacancy 606246, and then “Apply” at the bottom of the page
• an earned Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering AND
• an earned Master’s OR Ph.D. degree in Education, Educational Leadership, Engineering Education, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a closely-related field, conferred by the start date of employment.
• Ph.D. in Education, Educational Leadership, Engineering Education, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a closely related field.
• Experience with CS4ALL initiatives and/or STEM K-12 teacher education programs.
• Demonstrated experience with instructional design, effective pedagogy, team teaching, and innovative learning methodologies.
• Experience with online course development and delivery.
• Demonstrated experience with and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Effective communication skills.
Commensurate with experience.
This is a Faculty (FAC) position. NAU offers benefits including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) or the Optional Retirement Program (ORP); sick leave accruals and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at the NAU HR benefits page. Faculty are hired on a contract basis, renewable according to terms of the Conditions of Faculty Service.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3050029