Come join a growing computer science department! Occidental College, located in Los Angeles, is a four-year liberal arts college that emphasizes interdisciplinary connections and community engagement. In our two-year-old computer science department, our majors are over 50% women, over 20% students of color, and over 35% Pell-eligible students, demonstrating our commitment to access and excellence.
Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related computational field and a strong commitment to educating undergraduates through teaching and research. The successful candidate is expected to:
1. teach introductory and advanced courses in computer science;
2. offer additional courses in computer science to enhance our current offerings;
3. develop a rigorous research program involving undergraduates;
4. advise students across the College who may be interested in computing;
5. teach in the freshman cultural studies program;
6. participate in regular service to the community, department, and the College.
See the full job posting here: www.oxy.edu/computer-science-faculty-position