Computer Science, Information Technology, and Data Science Department
Roosevelt University invites applications for the Robert Miner Endowed Chair in Computer Science. We are seeking an academic leader for our growing Computer Science, Information Technology, and Data Science department. Situated in the midst of Chicago’s booming tech community, with a strong endowment and emergent nationally-recognized degree programs in cyber- and information security, the department presents a compelling opportunity for a visionary academic leader.
Candidates with expertise in programming, software development, project management, and academic-industry partnerships are particularly welcomed. Rank open.
The Miner Chair will:
· Provide strategic leadership for the department and coordinate select programs;
· Maintain, create, and build external relations for the department;
· Oversee personnel and budget management;
· Engage in targeted new program development; and
· Teach as commensurate with department need.
Roosevelt University is a private, non-sectarian university with over 5,000 students studying at campuses in Chicago’s Loop, suburban Schaumburg and online. Founded on the principles of inclusion and social justice, Roosevelt is the fourth most ethnically diverse college in the Midwest, with a mission to prepare students to assume roles as leaders in their professions and communities.
· Master’s degree in computer science or a related field
· A minimum of five years of academic leadership or industry management experience
· Experience teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate level
Application instructions available at https://jobs.roosevelt.edu/postings/4232
The review of completed applications will begin January 16, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
Roosevelt University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.