Website Two Sigma
Two Sigma Labs
Are you an extraordinary researcher with a passion for taming data? Do you focus on clarifying questions before seeking answers? Do you prefer teamwork over going it alone?
Two Sigma Labs performs formal, academic-style research to help drive technological innovation internally and externally. We engage the academic and professional communities, and apply leading-edge knowledge and insights to the company’s top challenges. We extend the state of the art in key areas for the company, and we publish our results (see research.twosigma.com). As a highly collaborative research team, we always seek internal and external partnership.
In the past few years, we have produced research results in parallel and distributed computing, domain-specific languages and runtimes, statistics, hardware security, and data mining. Some of these have had a profound impact on how Two Sigma does business and have established us as experts and leaders in the community.
We are currently interested in growing our research footprint in areas including:
- Everything data (from the implementation of novel data management systems to the principles of statistical data analysis)
- Machine learning
- Concurrent computing
- A PhD in Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Publications in top research venues
- Interest and ability to implement proofs of concept
- Innate curiosity and resourcefulness
- No finance experience is required.
If you love collaborating on deep technical challenges that make an impact, please follow this link to apply now.
Two Sigma Labs is located in New York City’s historic Soho neighborhood, known for its cast-iron buildings, art galleries, and fine dining.