University of Kansas
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Assistant Professor – Programming Languages
Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
The University of Kansas (KU) Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) seeks outstanding individuals for a full time, tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Computer Science with a focus on Programming Languages. Successful candidates are expected to contribute to the development of academic programs and contribute to the research community. Applicants are expected to have an earned doctorate, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field at the time of appointment.
• Earned doctorate in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a closely related scientific or engineering discipline by the time of appointment.
• Expertise in any area related to programming languages and/or static analysis, including but not limited to: type systems; language semantics; automated software engineering; program analysis; partial evaluation; symbolic execution; and model checking. Application areas including high-assurance systems; resiliency; trustworthy systems; and secure systems are particularly desirable.
• Demonstrated potential for teaching Undergraduate/Graduate level courses at the University level.
• Potential to establish and secure external funding.
• Applicants pursuing research in areas that are synergistic with departmental strengths of security and assurance, imaging, scientific/parallel computing, communication systems and networking, radar and remote sensing, embedded systems, and signal processing are preferred.
Contact Information to Applicants
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete online application will include the following PDF files: 1) letter of application, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) a statement of research interests and plans, 4) a statement of teaching interests including plans for broadening participation in computing, 5) a diversity statement, typically on the order of two pages, outlining contributions and/or plans to contribute to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB), and 6) contact information (including email addresses) for three individuals who can provide letters of recommendation.
In addition to the materials above, learning about each applicant’s contribution and engagement in areas of diversity is an important part of KU’s mission. As a result, applicants will be presented the following question at the time of application. The response must be within 4,000 characters or less.
• Describe your experiences working with people from diverse backgrounds, and explain how those experiences reflect your commitments to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging?
Review of application materials begins November 2, 2022 and continues as long as needed to identify a qualified pool of candidates.
Application Review Begins: 02-Nov-2022
Anticipated Start Date: 18-Aug-2023
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3522345