CRA-E offers workshops on informing graduate students and post-docs about academic teaching career options as well as professional development workshops for teaching track faculty in Ph.D. granting departments.
The Professional Development Workshop fills a crucial need as many Ph.D. granting departments have limited experience on how to mentor, evaluate, and promote teaching faculty. The Academic Landscape Workshops seek to increase awareness among prospective faculty candidates of the landscape of academic career options with a focus on teaching and to gain a better understanding of the landscape of academic positions. Both workshops inform participants of best practices, evaluation and promotion, engagement opportunities beyond teaching, responsibilities and rights, and strategies for successful scholarship.
- 2018 SIGCSE: Professional Development for Teaching Faculty
- 2019 SIGCSE: Professional Development for Teaching Faculty
- 2019 FCRC: Academic Careers: The Landscape is Broader than You Think
- 2020 SIGCSE: Professional Development for Teaching Faculty
- 2021 SIGCSE TS: Professional Development for Teaching Faculty