The Defense Innovation Board (DIB) is seeking to gather diverse perspectives for improving the collection, availability, analysis, and use of data within the Department of Defense (DoD). The DIB welcomes insights and best practices from industry, academia, uniformed personnel, and other interested parties. Expertise and feedback will help shape the DIB’s research and recommendations to the Secretary of Defense and other DoD leaders. This survey will close on Friday, November 3, 2023, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time (ET). It should take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Respondents are urged to contribute real-world examples, case studies, and practical insights to enhance the understanding and adoption of industry best practices for data within the DoD on the following topics:
- DATA GOVERNANCE: Best practices for data governance, including data security and compliance. Strategies for effective data management and protection. Examples of successful data governance frameworks and their outcomes.
- DATA SHARING: Strategies for fostering data sharing within and between organizations. Examples of successful data sharing initiatives and their impact on your data economy. Recommendations for overcoming barriers to data sharing.
- DATA ANALYTICS AND INSIGHTS: Approaches for deriving valuable insights from data. Successful data analytics use cases and their impact on decision-making. Tools and techniques for effective data analytics.
- DATA ARCHITECTURE: Best practices for data architecture, including data processing and integration. Recommendations for a well-designed data architecture wherein data is organized, accessible, and usable.
- DATA TALENT MANAGEMENT: Strategies for identifying and attracting data scientists, analysts, engineers, and other data professionals. Recommendations for addressing current data workforce gaps and anticipating future needs.
- DATA PARTNERSHIPS AND COLLABORATION: Strategies for forming data sharing agreements with trusted international partners. Insights into fostering trust and collaboration among data sharing partners.
- DATA ETHICS AND RESPONSIBLE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI): Views on ethical and other considerations in data collection, processing, and use. Practices for ensuring responsible AI development and deployment in your organization. Real-world examples of organizations that have prioritized data ethics.
- DATA INNOVATION AND EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES: Trends in data-related technologies (e.g., AI, Blockchain, Internet of Things, Quantum Computing) and their impact on the data economy. Innovative applications of data-driven technologies in different industries. Insights into fostering a culture of data-driven innovation.
Please fill out the survey here by Friday, November 3, 2023, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time (ET).