CRA-E Webinar Available: The Ph.D. in CS – Getting There and Being Successful
Members of the CRA-Education Committee hosted a webinar titled “The Ph.D. in CS: Getting There and Being Successful.” The webinar is designed to help undergraduates evaluate whether a Ph.D. program is right for them, and how to determine which program is a great fit. The following topics were addressed:
- What is a Ph.D. in CS and why should I consider it?
- How a Ph.D. differs from a Master’s degree in CS
- Preparing a strong application
- Making a smooth transition
- The first few years
- The research apprenticeship
- Beyond the Ph.D.
The webinar recording and slides are at the links below:
- Webinar: https://youtu.be/Qn7eUeNw6vI
- Slides: https://conquer.cra.org/cra/…/ThePhDinComputing_CRAEWebinar…
Please share these resources with your colleagues and students.