Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Guangzhou)
Founding Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is a leading international university ranked 1st by Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2020 and 27th by QS World University Rankings 2021. HKUST establishes a new campus in Guangzhou, China (hkust-gz.edu.cn). The Guangzhou campus synergizes with and maintains the same academic standard as the Clear Water Bay campus. Microelectronics Thrust is an academic department in the Guangzhou campus and focuses on integrating novel electronic and photonic devices into circuits, architecting information systems, and automating their designs and optimizations.
Microelectronics Thrust has multiple tenured/tenure-track positions at the ranks of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor. Applicants should have a PhD degree and research in areas such as:
• Compilation techniques; operating system; system software
• Processor, memory, and storage system architecture; reconfigurable architecture; interconnection network; multiprocessor
• HPC and data center; embedded system; system-on-chip; system-in-package; quantum computing; neural computing; approximate computing; power management; thermal management
• Electronic design automation; photonic design automation; hardware-software codesign; modeling and simulation technology
• RF/mm-Wave/terahertz technology; integrated photonic circuit; memory device; quantum device; emerging technology
English is the instruction and administration medium at the Guangzhou campus, and a good command of written and spoken English is required.
• Applicants of tenure-track Assistant Professor should demonstrate strong research and teaching potentials.
• Applicants of Associate Professor should have a proven record in research, teaching, student supervision, and funding.
• Applicants of Professor should have world-class academic achievements, international academic leadership, and an established track record in teaching, student supervision and funding.
Salary and Conditions: Salary is of international standard and highly competitive. Generous research funding, ample laboratory space, and excellent research equipment and support will be provided. All the positions are tenured/tenure-track appointments in mainland China and offered by the HKUST mainland entity in accordance with the local employment laws and regulations. The appointments to Full Professor and some Associate Professor will be made on substantive basis. The initial appointments to Assistant Professor will be made on a fixed-term contract of up to three years, and re-appointments thereafter will be subject to performance and mutual agreement.
Application Procedure: Applications should be submitted at https://facrecruit.hkust.edu.hk which will be open until the positions are filled. If there is any question, please contact the Acting Head, Prof. Jiang Xu, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HKUST is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We strongly encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.