Georgia Institute of Technology
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Lecturer position in Computer Systems and Software at Georgia Tech
The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at the Georgia Institute of Technology invites applications for the position of Lecturer to teach undergraduate courses in the area of Computer Systems and Software (CSS) and to manage software project infrastructure in the Computer Engineering program.
Specifically, we are seeking an individual who is invested in engineering education, who will deliver excellent teaching in the area of Computer Systems and Software and who will contribute to developing and maintaining innovative software projects supporting active learning in ECE courses. We are open to applicants in all areas of computer engineering, but we are particularly interested in candidates with teaching and research experience in embedded systems, software development, computer architecture, parallel programming, cloud and edge computing, reconfigurable computing, or computer system security.
This is a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure track academic position.
Primary responsibilities of the Lecturer will include, but are not limited to:
* providing high-quality classroom teaching
* teaching two sections of undergraduate courses/semester
* supporting software project infrastructure
* participating in project and course development
* integrating innovative research and best practices for promoting student success in engineering education.
Required Qualifications: M.S. or Ph.D. in computer engineering, or related computing field.
Interested applicants should prepare a complete package that includes:
* a cover letter outlining relevant experience,
* a curriculum vitae,
* a teaching portfolio that includes an educational philosophy statement and material relevant to the applicant’s teaching abilities (e.g., student surveys, sample syllabi, sample assignments or activities for a course), and
* contact information for three references.
* Visit https://hr.gatech.edu/careers
* Select Internal (if you are a GT employee) or External
* Locate Job ID 250296
For additional information, please contact:
Linda Dillon, at email@example.com
Lucretia Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shalonda Williams, Shalonda.email@example.com
Review of candidates is underway, and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.