Rochester Institute of Technology
The Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Rochester, New York
Computing and Information Sciences – Multiple Openings for Fall 2023
The Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences at the Rochester Institute of Technology invites applications and nominations for the following faculty positions:
• Assistant Professor (7217BR) in Machine Learning
• Assistant Professor (7227BR) in Computing Security all areas. Candidate whose research experience and interests in health, healthcare, or systems and software security are especially encouraged to apply.
• Assistant/Associate (7234BR) in Geogames and Geographic Information Systems, Game Engines/Systems, Real-time Graphics, Procedural Generation, Game Design & Development for Health & Wellness, Games for Disaster Resilience and Climate Change, Games and Cybersecurity, Immersive Media/Mixed Reality
• Assistant Professor (7235BR) in Computer Vision
• Assistant/Associate (7252BR) in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) with discipline expertise in one or more of the following or related areas: computing accessibility for people with disabilities or older adults; HCI for artificial-intelligence-based systems (human AI integration, human AI collaboration, human aware AI, explainable AI, interactive machine learning, and human-in-the-loop learning) or HCI for wearable, mobile, or ubiquitous systems (physical/tangible computing, human augmentation, augmented mind, embodied interaction, IoT and data analytics, and fabrication). Outstanding applicants in other areas of HCI will also be considered, especially those with methodological expertise in prototyping or system-building of new technologies.
• Assistant Professor (7256BR) in Software Engineering, Data Science, and/or Artificial Intelligence.
Candidates should visit https://apptrkr.com/3554886 and refer to the BR numbers listed above for specific information about the positions and the application process. Refer to www.rit.edu for information about RIT, the Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences, and the Global Cybersecurity Institute.
The Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences is the largest of RIT’s nine colleges and has an enrollment of over 3600 undergraduate students and 950 graduate students. The college, with over 150 faculty members is housed in a modern facility equipped with numerous teaching and research laboratories. The college is home to: the departments of Computer Science, Computing Security, and Software Engineering, the School of Interactive Games and Media, the School of Information, and a college-wide PhD program, providing many opportunities for cooperation and research collaboration within and beyond the college. The Global Cybersecurity Institute, the newest addition to our facilities, was opened in the Spring 2021.
RIT has been honored by The Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the “Great Colleges to Work For” for four years. RIT is a National Science Foundation ADVANCE Institutional Transformation site. RIT is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples by our membership in the Upstate NY HERC.
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/Title IX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov