University of Oklahoma
School of Computer Science
As part of a sustained, multiyear, strategic growth initiative, the School of Computer Science in the Gallogly College of Engineering (GCoE) at the University of Oklahoma (OU) seeks applications for two ranked-renewable-term assistant professor positions. We seek candidates whose teaching, research, and service have prepared them to be integral contributors to the advancement of our welcoming community. The candidates who fill these positions should look to bolster the school’s academic programs at all levels including our ABET-accredited Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science degree, and our MS and PhD degrees; support OU’s strategic plan with a particular emphasis on Pillar 2: Prepare Students for a Life of Success, Meaning, Service, and Positive Impact and Pillar 4: Become a Place of Belonging and Emotional Growth for All Students, Faculty, Staff, and Alumni; and further our efforts at retention and graduation of our large and heterogeneous student populations. We are particularly interested in candidates with broad knowledge in computer science and/or specialized experience in software engineering.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field.
- Able to effectively teach computer science courses at all levels.
- Able to effectively advise M.S. and Ph.D. students.
- Able to effectively conduct research.
- Able to effectively form research collaborations.
- Demonstrated passion for teaching as well as research.
- Evidence of excellent and innovative instruction.
- History of innovative research projects.
- Demonstrated ethos of care and support of students.
- Evidence of effective mentorship and guidance of research-active students.
- History of commitment to supportive environments in the classroom, office, and lab.