To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, a recent writing sample (e.g., technical report, article), and a list of 2-3 references to employment[at]cra.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The Computing Research Association (CRA) seeks a full-time employee to join our team as a Research Associate focusing on the program evaluation projects of the CRA Center for Evaluating the Research Pipeline (CERP). As one of CRA’s committees, the mission of CERP is to increase diversity in the field of computing research through evaluation and research. The Center provides data resources and evaluation services to the computing community. CERP’s projects also include activities that support the computing community’s efforts to broaden participation in computing by providing resources and community building opportunities. CRA currently has 24 full-time employees with headquarters in Washington, DC. CERP has six team members focusing on its various projects and this advertised position is a new opening.
The Research Associate will be responsible for the complete evaluation cycle (i.e., planning to reporting) for a selection of programs primarily focused on broadening participation in computing at the higher education level. The Research Associate will also interact with members of the computing research community to further develop awareness of CERP and its work. Creativity, attention to detail, organization, and strong verbal and written communication skills are highly desired. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner and be able to take initiative to fulfill responsibilities with a significant level of autonomy. Collaboration and teamwork are integral to this position and CRA’s core values. A willingness to broaden one’s awareness of the Computer Science and Engineering field is a must.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Conducting program evaluation at various levels (e.g., developing evaluation plans, logic models, etc.)
- Survey management (e.g., creation, distribution, etc.)
- Supporting data management processes
- Analyzing data (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Preparing technical reports and infographics
- Communicating with CERP collaborators and affiliates (e.g., via email, at meetings, etc.)
- Promoting CERP’s work through blog posts and presentations
- Supporting CRA on other projects and awards as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science or directly related field
- At least 4-5 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient knowledge of statistics and social science research methods
- Experience supporting or conducting program evaluation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with statistical software programs (i.e., SPSS and/or R)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word and Excel) and G Suite (Google Sheets, Google Docs)
- Master’s or PhD in a social science or directly related field
- Experience with Qualtrics survey platform
- Familiarity with database systems
- Data visualization skills
- CRA headquarters is located in Washington, DC. This position can be onsite or remote.
- This position will involve some travel to attend meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- This position does not require heavy lifting, but occasionally may include lifting small boxes, such as travel materials or paper (e.g., no more than 10-20 lbs).
- This position includes sitting for long periods of time in front of a computer screen.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- CRA offers an excellent benefits package.
- CRA is an equal-opportunity employer.
You can also view this position on LinkedIn.