Below find position letters or statements that the Computing Research Association has individually issued or signed onto as a member of a coalition. Also find CRA advocacy documents under the “Graphs and Charts” tab. Should you have any questions, please contact Brian Mosley in the CRA Government Affairs Office.
- Joint CRA-ACM USTPC Comments - Commerce/BIS
Joint CRA-ACM US Tech Policy Committee Comments on Commerce/BIS ANPRM
- CRA Support for the National Quantum Initiative (H.R.6227)
Letter of Support for the National Quantum Initiative
- Six Leading Computing Organizations Join to Oppose Provision in House Tax Bill that would Increase Taxes on Graduate Assistants
Six Leading Computing Organizations Join to Oppose Provision in House Tax Bill that would Increase Taxes on Graduate Assistants Six leading organizations in computing — AAAI, ACM, CRA, IEEE-USA, SIAM, and USENIX — joined in issuing a statement opposing a provision in H.R. 1, the Tax Cut and Jobs Act.
- CRA Statement in Response to White House Exec Order on Visas
CRA's response to an Executive Order suspending new visas for foreign nationals of seven countries for at least 90 days. CRA expresses concern that the suspension could create hardships for students and researchers already contributing to the US science enterprise and could discourage talented foreign nationals from coming to the US in the future.
- Letter Detailing CRA's Concerns with the DIGIT Act (S. 2067) - March 2016
A letter to the sponsors of S. 2067, the Developing Innovation in Government and the Internet of Things (DIGIT) Act.
- CRA's Endorsement of the the DIGIT Act (Developing Innovation in Government and the Internet of Things) - April 2016
An endorsement letter from CRA sent to the sponsors of the DIGIT Act (S. 2067)
- CRA Endorsement of S. 3084 - the American Innovation and Competitiveness Act of 2016 - June 2016
CRA's Endorsement of the Senate American Innovation and Competitiveness Act (S. 3084), including the Senate version of a NITRD Reauthorization bill.
- CSEC CS Funding Letter 05-26-16
Advocacy letter to the Chairs and Ranking Members of both House and Senate Appropriations Subcommittees for Labor-HHS. Advocates for the inclusion of $350 million for CS for All Initiative.
- CRA Endorsement NITRD Modernization Act of 2016 - May 2016
CRA's endorsement letter to the House Science, Space, and Technology Committee for the Networking and Information Technology Research and Development Modernization Act of 2016
- STEM ED Coalition Letter on ESEA - Nov 2015
STEM Education Coalition letter on the 2015 Elementary & Secondary Education Act (ESEA) conference bill.