Postdoc Research Computer Scientist
Website Grier Forensics, LLC
Our Innovation team at Grier Forensics specializes in creative problem solving, cutting-edge technical research, and our process of origination. We have successfully leveraged these skills and processes to develop technical proposals for novel topics, leading to multiple new awards in 2022. We are seeking talented individuals to join our team so we can expand the possibilities for 2023. Part of this effort is creating a new two-year Industrial Postdoc Program for Research Computer Scientists to apply their extensive research writing skills towards winning contracts and publishing papers. If you are a naturally curious and innovative person with a Ph.D. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering looking for a home which will provide you with purpose and opportunity, we may be just the place for you!
· Open-ended exploration
· Self-management, project management, and benchmarking
· Continuous learning
· Own full technical responses to proposal topics
· Prototype technical solutions to customer needs, from both technical and commercial use perspectives
· Write proposals for funding to implement, deploy, and commercialize novel technology
· Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another relevant field
· Strong computer science skills
· Experience using C++ and Linux
· Professional empathy
· Initiative to rapidly learn new skills and assume project ownership
· Strong technical writing ability
· Ability to apply the Scientific Method to software engineering
We founded Grier Forensics to make a tangible impact on our nation’s security. We provide forensic, security, and cyber technology solutions for clients across the defense, intelligence, government, industry sectors. Our team includes engineers, scientists and subject matter experts who share the goal of pushing boundaries to do the unprecedented. New challenges require new solutions. We strive to advance mission capabilities through the power of science.
Hybrid/Owings Mills, MD – opportunity for remote work varies by position, experience, and skill level. This role will generally require at least one day per week onsite in our office. Alternate hybrid schedules may be available for well-qualified candidates.
What You’ll Love About Us
· Work Life Balance: We whole-heartedly believe that your work should empower your life and your life should empower your work!
· Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision plans available, as well as a partnership with Wellable for health challenges and on-demand wellness courses
· Take Time for Yourself: Flexible PTO plan aimed to make sure you are able to recharge
· Plan for the Future: Retirement plan with a generous company match
· Professional Development: You are encouraged to utilize resources to challenge and grow your skills, including a Udemy membership for professional development
· Mission-Oriented: Our environment is driven by a strong Mission Statement and mission-oriented culture