Old Dominion University
The Department of Computer Science at Old Dominion University is inviting applicants for multiple Lecturer positions beginning Fall 2024. The successful applicant must be prepared to teach a broad range of undergraduate courses, beginning programming courses in Java and Python, and more advanced courses, particularly in object-oriented techniques and software engineering. An ability to teach data-science, cybersecurity and/or web applications would also be valued. Applicants must be prepared to handle the usual faculty service load. We seek candidates whose research, teaching, and/or service experiences have prepared them to fulfill our commitment to inclusion.
1. An M.S. (or equivalent) in Computer Science.
2. Demonstrated preparation for teaching a broad range of undergraduate courses in Computer Science.
· A Ph.D. in Computer Science with the accompanying ability or experience to teach graduate courses in Computer Science.
· A history of course development for in person instruction and synchronous and asynchronous distance learning environments.
· Experience with teaching and managing large course sections and courses with formal laboratory components.
· Experience in undergraduate student advising and recruiting is preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to teach data science, cybersecurity, and/or web applications.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should visit https://jobs.odu.edu/postings/19746 to submit:
1. A letter of interest;
2. A curriculum vitae;
3. A statement of teaching philosophy that specifically addresses the desired qualities for a successful applicant outlined above;
4. Unofficial graduate transcripts; and
5. Contact information for four professional references.
The review of applications will begin January 10, 2024, and the position will remain open until it is filled. Additional inquiries may be directed to Dr. Steve Zeil, Search Committee Chair.