Penn State Harrisburg
School of Science, Engineering, and Technology
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Penn State Harrisburg’s School of Science, Engineering, and Technology (SSET) is accepting applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Computer Science to start on August 2023. The School offers a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science in Computer Science, in addition to several other undergraduates and graduate degrees in Engineering, Science, and Engineering Technology. SSET launched its first interdisciplinary Ph.D. program in engineering in the fall of 2022.
• Faculty members of SSET are expected to pursue and sustain scholarly research and publication; recruit and advise students; supervise graduate students and contribute to the department, college, university, and profession through academic and professional service.
• Faculty are also expected to actively promote and advance the school’s steadfast commitment to students, academic service, and diversity and inclusion.
• A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a closely related field by the time of appointment is required.
• The assistant professor should possess a terminal degree or its equivalent in organized research or professional practice; must have demonstrated ability as a teacher or research worker; and must have shown definite evidence of growth in scholarly, artistic, or professional achievement.
• Candidates with teaching experience and research interests in compilers, principles of programming languages, or data science will be given priority.
• Individuals with other areas of research interest may also be considered.
How to Apply:
• Candidates should apply for the position of Assistant Professor of Computer Science, at Penn State Harrisburg by visiting https://hr.psu.edu/careers.
• Applicants should submit a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, a list of three professional references, copies of transcripts, as well as a personal statement of research and teaching objectives.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Penn State is a multi-campus public land-grant University. Penn State Harrisburg, the Capital College, is the largest among Penn State’s Commonwealth Campuses, enrolling nearly 5,000 students and offering more than 75 degree programs. The School of Science, Engineering, and Technology at Penn State Harrisburg is the largest school within the college. For more information about Penn State Harrisburg, please visit the college’s website at harrisburg.psu.edu.
Penn State is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission. The School of Science, Engineering and Technology is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. We believe diversity benefits and enriches students, staff, and faculty within our school. We are dedicated to building and sustaining an equitable, inclusive, and welcoming teaching and learning environment where cultural diversity is valued and celebrated.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/3554062
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.