Website Penn State Harrisburg
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Penn State Harrisburg’s School of Science, Engineering, and Technology (SSET) is accepting applications for two tenure-track Assistant Professors in Computer Science to start in August 2024. The School offers a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science in Computer Science, in addition to several other undergraduate and graduate degrees in Engineering, Science, and Engineering Technology. SSET launched its first interdisciplinary Ph.D. program in engineering in the fall of 2022.
• Faculty members of SSET are expected to pursue and sustain scholarly research and publication; recruit and advise students; supervise graduate students and contribute to the department, college, university, and profession through academic and professional service.
• Areas of teaching and/or research may include but are not limited to algorithms, theoretical computer science, bioinformatics, computer security, cyber-physical systems, artificial intelligence, machine learning, or data science.
• Faculty are expected to demonstrate a high level of teaching and research ability and to continue growth in scholarly, artistic, or professional achievement.
• Faculty are also expected to actively promote and advance the school’s steadfast commitment to students, academic service, and diversity and inclusion.
• A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a closely related field by the time of appointment is required.
• The assistant professor should possess a terminal degree or its equivalent in organized research or professional practice.
How to Apply:
• Candidates should apply for the position of Assistant Professor of Computer Science, at Penn State Harrisburg by visiting https://hr.psu.edu/careers.
• Applicants should submit a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, a list of three professional references, copies of transcripts, as well as a personal statement of research and teaching objectives.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Penn State is a multi-campus public land-grant University. Penn State Harrisburg, the Capital College, is the largest among Penn State’s Commonwealth Campuses, enrolling nearly 5,000 students and offering more than 75 degree programs. The School of Science, Engineering, and Technology at Penn State Harrisburg is the largest school within the college. For more information about Penn State Harrisburg, please visit the college’s website at harrisburg.psu.edu.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review https://police.psu.edu/annual-security-reports.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/5005037
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.