The 2019 CRA Taulbee Survey will be starting soon. As has been our recent practice, the survey will be split into two parts, salary and main (everything else). This allows us to set an earlier deadline for the salary section in order to produce a preliminary salary report in December, while giving departments more time to collect and enter the information in the rest of the survey if needed.
In 2018 there was a major change to teaching faculty data collection. The group we previously called non-tenure-track teaching faculty was divided into two categories: those with more professor-like responsibilities, and those who are more instructor-like. This will continue this year in both the salary and main surveys.
- By September 10: All doctoral departments will be contacted to update CRA Taulbee user information. The academic unit head will receive an email and so will the CRA Taulbee primary contact, if separate.
- September 13: Pdf will be available for data gathering.
- September 18: Both Salary and Main surveys open for input
- December 1: Due date for salary section.
- Late December: Preliminary salary report available to participants.
- January 17, 2020: Due date for the main CRA Taulbee section.
- April 2020: Full CRA Taulbee report to CRA members and participating departments.
- May 2020: Published in CRN.
The CRA Taulbee Survey is open to all academic units that grant doctorates in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information. If you have any questions, contact Betsy Bizot at firstname.lastname@example.org.