CRA-W Grace Hopper Celebration Research Scholars Program
Application Period: July 9 – August 1
Review of Applications: Beginning July 21 **Pending Funding
The objective of the GHC Research Scholars program is to increase the number of undergraduate women with an interest in computing research.The program brings undergraduates to the annual Grace Hopper Celebration and engages them in a unique, research-focused experience, providing them a mentor, networking opportunities, and advising toward graduate school and research careers in computing.
Applications are currently open through August 1st.
The program will utilize the availability of role models and existing programming at the Grace Hopper Celebration, while simultaneously providing guidance to research-interested students on how to navigate the vast offerings at the conference and opportunities to meet and interact with students and mentors with similar interests in small-group settings. The program will include gatherings on the first and last days of the conference, as well as research-focused activities that all Research Scholars will be required to attend.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Number (1246649). Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
This scholarship is given to undergraduate students in the computer science and engineering field, who:
- Have completed at least one year of undergraduate study at the college level, and be majoring or planning to major in computer science, computer engineering, or informatics. We cannot support students after their graduation date.
- Are attending a US institution and/or be a US citizen or permanent resident studying abroad.
- Graduate students are not eligible for this scholarship.
Any questions on eligibility can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pending final funding, reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by CRA-W after scholars attend the Grace Hopper Celebration.
1) Expenses CRA covers directly:
- CRA will directly cover the cost of the $450 student registration to the Grace Hopper Celebration. Selected Research Scholars will be provided a registration link and code, which must be used for their registration. Registrations completed outside of this process will not be reimbursed.
- All CRA-W GHC Research Scholars will share a hotel room with another scholar. CRA will directly pay for the hotel room expenses; however, scholars must provide a credit card or debit card to the hotel upon check-in for any incidental expenses they may incur.
2) Expenses CRA-W GHC Research Scholars incur and then request reimbursement after attending GHC:
- CRA will reimburse your actual reasonable travel expenses up to a limit of $350.00. Please save all your receipts, as you will need those when submitting your reimbursement request after GHC.
All questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Grace Hopper 2018 Research Scholars Passport
Participants of the CRA-W Grace Hopper Celebration 2018 Research Scholars program will use a passport to navigate the conference to have a better understanding of the activities that are provided for undergraduate students interested in Computer Science Research and Graduate School. The passport will list both required and suggested events.