Dr. Amanda Stent:
- Is inaugural director of the Davis Institute for AI at Colby College.
- Previously held positions as the NLP Architect in the Chief Technology Office at Bloomberg, Director of Research and Principal Research Scientist at Yahoo, as Principal Member of Technical Staff at AT&T Labs — Research, and as associate professor in the Computer Science Department at Stony Brook University in Stony Brook, NY.
- Holds a Ph.D. in computer science from the University of Rochester.
- Has authored or co-authored over 100 papers on natural language processing and is co-inventor on over 30 patents.
- Is one of the inaugural editors-in-chief of ACL Rolling Review, a board member of CRA-WP and an ABET program evaluator. Also currently serves on the National Academies Committee studying Responsible Computing Research.