This post was originally published by Maddy Hunter in the CCC Blog.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) just announced their 2023 class of Elevated Fellows. Among them are members of the community with past affiliations and/or involvement with the Computing Research Association and the Computing Community Consortium activities.
- Fred Chong (Speaker at CCC Workshop “Next Steps in Quantum Computing: Computer Science’s Role”)
- Aaron Dollar (Contributor to the 2016 update to the Roadmap for US Robotics)
- Juan Gilbert (2009 CIFellow Mentor, also participated in several CRA and CRA-WP events)
- Yoshi Kohno (Presenter Computer Science: Past, Present and Future)
- Jana Kosecka (contributor to 2009 and 2020 update to the Roadmap for US Robotics and author of white paper “Next Generation Robotics”)
- Hanspeter Pfister (Organizer for Brain Science and Computer Science workshop and 2009 CIFellows mentor)
- Moinuddin Qureshi (Participant in CCC Workshop “Next Steps in Quantum Computing: Computer Science’s Role” and Robotic Materials workshop participant and CIFellows 2020 Mentor)
- Eunice Santos Chair of Deans Group and CRA Board Member.
IEEE Fellow is a distinction reserved for select IEEE members whose extraordinary accomplishments resulted in important contributions to one or more of the IEEE-designated fields. The full list of the 2023 class of newly elevated Fellows is available here. Congratulations to all!
Learn more about the award and how to nominate members of the community here.