Explore Graduate Studies in CSE Workshop
October 8, 2016
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, United States
Kathryn McKinley, Mentoring, Undergraduate, University of Michigan, Workshop
Students from all institutions are invited to apply to attend this one-day workshop. Participants will learn about the graduate school application process and the opportunities that exist for those who pursue graduate work in this impactful discipline. The workshop will include research highlights from faculty, one-on-one interactions with current graduate students, and a writing clinic with tips for writing a strong statement of purpose.
The 2016 workshop will include:
• Research highlights spanning multiple areas of computer science and engineering including computer architecture, machine learning, data-driven healthcare, and computer system security
• “Life as a PhD student” – Q&A panel of current graduate students
• Live demos of current and ongoing research
• Lunch with faculty and graduate students
• “Academia vs. Industry” – Q&A panel with current faculty and industry partners
• A writing clinic on “How to Write a Strong Statement of Purpose”
• The opportunity to receive one-on-one feedback from faculty regarding your applicatio
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis after three application deadlines: June 17th, August 5th, and September 9th. We have a limited number of travel awards available to support transportation and lodging costs. To be considered for such awards, please apply early!
Registration is required to attend the workshop. Follow this link to register and apply for a travel award.