Originally posted by Helen Wright in the CRA-I Blog.
The Computing Research Association – Industry (CRA-I) is charged with increasing interaction between industry partners and other organizations involved in computing research for the benefit of all. Established in 2020 as a committee of the Computing Research Association (CRA), CRA-I is a growing community of computer science researchers from industry who are interested in collaborating with other researchers from industry, academia, and government to improve societal outcomes.
To fulfill its mission, CRA-I needs visionary leaders — people with great ideas, sound judgment, and the willingness to work collaboratively to see things through to completion. To that end, CRA-I is starting a Council of eventually 21 researchers representing the breadth and diversity of industry today.
Given the support you have provided us in the past, please consider submitting a self-nomination for the Council and help us by nominating outstanding colleagues.
Currently, CRA-I carries out its work through an active and engaged seven member Steering Committee (SC), co-chaired by Vivek Sarkar (Georgia Tech) and Ben Zorn (Microsoft Research). CRA-I is fully supported by a Senior Program Associate at CRA, Helen Wright.
Our expectation is that Council members will serve for a three year term.
Here are some activities that we hope CRA-I Council members will participate in:
- Develop and lead new activities that you are passionate about that CRA-I should pursue, for the benefit of the computing research industry community
- Identify areas where CRA-I should focus its efforts
- Shepherd and participate in roundtable discussions and/or workshops
- Write whitepapers and reports
- Coordinate CRA-I activities with the rest of CRA
- Think about ways CRA-I should grow as a committee
- Participate in monthly virtual meetings
- Handle other requests from and for the community (e.g., responding to agency RFIs), as needed
Please send nominations, together with the information below, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM EST on February 14th, 2023.
- Name, affiliation, and email address of the nominee.
- Technical areas of interest.
- Previous significant service to your professional community and other relevant experience (no more than *five* items).
- Nominee’s resume (link to a webpage is fine).
- A few sentences about why this candidate would be a great addition to the CRA-I Council.
- The names and contact information (email and phone) for 2-3 people who would be knowledgeable about the nominee’s potential for such a service role.
If you have any questions, please direct them to the CRA-I Senior Program Associate Helen Wright (email@example.com).