CCC at AAAS
The Computing Community Consortium (CCC) has attended and hosted sessions at the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Annual Meeting since 2013. AAAS is the world’s largest multidisciplinary scientific society dedicated to advancing science for the benefit of all people.
Below you can find information about CCC participation during each year and links to slides, resources, and related CCC white papers. To learn more about the AAAS Meeting visit the webpage for past and future meetings.
In 2018 the CCC will host three scientific sessions:
- Rethinking Approaches to Disaster Management and Public Safety With Intelligent Infrastructure – Friday, February 16, 8:00 – 9:30 am
- Transforming Cities, Transportation, and Agriculture with Intelligent Infrastructure – Friday, February 16, 10:00 – 11:30 am
- Artificial Intelligence: Augmenting Not Replacing People – Saturday, February 17, 8:00 – 9:30 am
To learn more about these three sessions and to find related resources visit the 2018 CCC at AAAS page.
In 2017 the CCC hosted three sessions at the AAAS Annual Meeting:
- The Technology of the Future Flash Talks: The Emerging Role of Mobile Phones in Health and Socially Assistive Robotics: Creating Robots That (Provide) Care
- Press Briefing on Mobile Health Devices
- When Everyday Objects Become Internet Devices: A Science Policy Agenda
To learn more about these three sessions and to find related resources visit the 2017 CCC at AAAS page.
In 2016 the CCC hosted one scientific session on The Confluence of Computing and Society: Emerging Themes in Socio-Technical Systems.
To learn more about this sessions and to find related resources visit the 2016 CCC at AAAS page.
In 2013 the CCC hosted one scientific session on How Fundamental Computing Research Touches Everyday Lives.
To learn more about this sessions and to find related resources visit the 2013 CCC at AAAS page.