Computing Challenges to Humanity Task Force
The Computing Challenges to Humanity task force was established in fall 2021 in order to lead the CCC’s activities related to the impact that computing can have on major challenges to humanity. The task force is split into two teams one focusing on equity such as identifying and mitigating bias and sociotechnical interventions for health and wellness and the other focused on climate change and sustainable computing.
Resources curated for this task force include:
- Computing Research for the Climate Crisis white paper
- Taking Stock of the Present and Future of Smart Technologies for Older Adults and Caregivers white paper
- Modernizing Data Control: Making Personal Digital Data Mutually Beneficial for Citizens and Industry white paper
- Pandemic Informatics: Preparation, Robustness, and Resilience white paper
- CCC / Code 8.7 Applying AI in the Fight Against Modern Slavery workshop report