CRA-W will hold early and mid career mentoring workshops for women on November 3-4 in Phoenix, AZ. The goal of these workshops is to provide an environment for mentoring, practical information, advice, and support among computing researchers.
Early Career Mentoring Workshops: (Labs and Research) Deadline 9/1/18
The goal of these workshops is to bring junior researchers and educators together with women already established in their fields. The established professionals provide practical information, advice, and support to their younger colleagues. For women in the early career track this workshop is designed to provide advice and mentoring for junior faculty and graduate students.
Early CMW tracks offered – November 3-4, 2018:
- Research labs and industry (Early CMW-Labs)
- Track serves researchers in industry and government research labs, and senior graduate students interested in research lab positions.
- Research universities (Early CMW-Research)
- Track targets junior faculty in research universities and senior PhD students interested in research faculty positions.
Mid Career Mentoring Workshops: (Education, Labs, and Research) Deadline 9/1/18
The goal of these workshops is to increase the percentage of computer science and engineering women faculty members and researchers/technologists who reach the top of their respective career tracks: faculty members by being promoted to full professor and researchers/technologists in industrial or governmental labs by being promoted to the top of their institution’s technical ladder or entering upper management.
Mid CMW tracks offered – November 3-4, 2018:
- Teaching colleges (Mid CMW-Education)
- Track targets mid-senior teaching faculty.
- Research labs and industry (Mid CMW-Labs)
- Track serves mid-career researchers in industry and government research labs.
- Research universities (Mid CMW-Research)
- Track targets senior faculty in research universities.