By Betsy Bizot, Senior Research Associate
The 2023 CRA Taulbee Survey will be launching soon! As has been CRA’s recent practice, the survey will be split into two parts, salary and main (everything else). This allows us to set an earlier deadline for the salary section in order to produce a preliminary salary report in December, while giving departments more time to collect and enter the information in the rest of the survey if needed.
All North American departments that grant doctorates in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information are invited to participate in the survey.
Schedule for the 2023 Taulbee Survey:
- By September 17: Each academic unit head will receive an email about this year’s survey and so will the Taulbee primary contact(s), if separate. The data-gathering pdf will also be available at this time.
- September 24: Both Salary and Main surveys open for input.
- November 28: Due date for salary section.
- Late December: Preliminary salary report available to survey participants.
- January 23, 2024: Due date for the main Taulbee section.
- May 2024:Findings shared with the community.