By Lauren Lashlee, Program Associate, CRA-WP
The Computing Research Association Widening Participation Committee (CRA-WP) is now accepting nominations for the CRA-WP Early Career Awards.
CRA-WP Early Career Awards consists of two awards. The Borg Early Career Award (BECA) and the Skip Ellis Early Career Award (SEECA).
Anita Borg Early Career Award
- In order to be eligible for nomination, the nominee must be an individual who identifies as a woman, in the computer science and engineering field.
Skip Ellis Early Career Award
- In order to be eligible for nomination, the nominee must be an individual who identifies as a member of an underrepresented group in the computer science and engineering field (African-American, Latinx, Native American/First Peoples, and/or People with Disabilities).
Additional Eligibility Criteria (for Both Awards)
The nominee must be an individual who has:
- Made significant research contributions
- Had positive and significant impact on advancing diversity in the computing research community
- Is relatively early-career (at most 8 years post Ph.D. on or after January 1 of the year of award) faculty member or researcher in an industry or government lab
- Is affiliated with an institution, industry lab, or government lab in the United States, its territories, or Canada
Please share with your networks so they can begin thinking about a deserving early researcher to nominate.
For more information about the award and eligibility, please visit the CRA-WP Early Career Awards page.