Purpose of the Workshop: The CRA-Women Graduate Cohort Workshop is a mentoring program, for graduate women in computing or related fields, designed to help build a networking cohort during graduate school and throughout your computing career. The workshop will take place at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square on April 13-14, 2018.
Thursday, April 12 (optional activities)
1:00 – 5:00 PM – Early Registration
6:00 – 8:00 PM – Reception for attendees, speakers, and sponsors
Friday, April 13
7:00 AM – The workshop officially begins with breakfast and registration
Saturday, April 14
4:00 PM workshop concludes
Registration: If you RSVP that you will be attending and an emergency arises and you cannot attend, you must notify us at least 72 hours before the workshop (midnight, April 9, 2018), or there will be a $200 cancellation fee. We received many more applications than we can support, please let us know as soon as possible if you cannot attend so that others can be accepted in your place.
Travel and Reimbursement: Your reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed by CRA-W through funds generously provided by our Grad Cohort sponsors. Please economize as reasonably as possible. You will receive a step-by-step guide on how to complete your travel reimbursement form after the workshop. In the meantime, make your travel arrangements as soon as possible. Consider using websites such as Kayak.com or other similar travel websites.
- Keep all receipts; they are required for reimbursement.
- The reimbursement form must be submitted by April 25, 2018.
- You will not be reimbursed for your trip expenses until you have completed the evaluation survey sent after the event.
- If you are ‘local’, you may consider using train or bus services such as Greyhound or Amtrak.
- Rental cars are not a reimbursable travel arrangement.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your check via US mail.
- Optional: To receive your reimbursement funds faster, you may set up direct deposit. Complete the Direct Deposit form and email it to email@example.com by February 28, 2018.
- For questions regarding travel arrangements contact us.
Hotel (Hilton San Francisco Union Square): Participants will be paired up to share a room. We do not consider roommate requests of any kind. We will make the hotel reservations and pay for your room expenses directly; however, upon arrival you will need to provide a credit card or debit card to the hotel for any incidental charges you incur such as room service, etc. Standard internet access will be provided free of charge in all guest rooms.
Reimbursable Ground Transportation options:
- San Francisco’s Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) runs from SFO to the hotel, please find details here.
- Airport Metro Stop: San Francisco International Airport
- Hotel Metro Stop: Powell St. Station
- BART runs a shuttle between OAK and Coliseum Station, after which a BART train can be taken to the hotel.
- Taxi/Uber/Lyft between SFO and the hotel is about $30 each way.
- Taxi/Uber/Lyft between OAK and the hotel is about $40 each way.
Poster Session: There will be a Poster Session on Friday afternoon for participants to talk about their research. All invited participants are welcome to present a poster, and we encourage second and third year students to take advantage of this opportunity to receive feedback on their research plans from fellow participants as well as from researchers from the sponsoring labs and nearby universities.
- Those interested in being part of the poster session must provide a title and short abstract before February 28, 2018 by going to http://bit.ly/2kblJIU .
- Posters must not be larger than 36” x 48″ (horizontal/vertical orientation is acceptable).
- We encourage you to print your poster as a fabric poster, for ease of travel.
- Poster printing is reimbursable, with receipt.