Early Career Mentoring Workshops – Education
Date, location, deadline, Apply today! [Will be dynamic and pull from calendar otherwise the link for the application will link to )
Sign up for more updates on upcoming Early CMW workshops.
Are you in the early stages of a career in teaching and undergraduate education? Are you interested in interacting with successful senior women in your field that can give you advice on topics including:
- how to be a more effective and inspiring teacher,
- how to set yourself up for promotion and success, and
- how to balance work and life.
If so, participate in one of our Early Career Mentoring Workshops – Education (Early CMW-E).
You are eligible to attend an Early Career Mentoring Workshop-Education program, if you meet the following criteria:
- A graduate student in year three or later, post-doc, or early career faculty member.
- A member of the computing field community.
- A woman in their early stages of their career in teaching and undergraduate education.
Next application for Early-CMW.
Also check out our Career Mentoring Tracks at Grace Hopper and the Richard Tapia Conference.
Funding may be available for participants of Early Career Mentoring Workshops if they meet the eligibility requirements listed below. Participants will be notified of any travel assistance upon acceptance to the workshop. If funded, the participant will submit a reimbursement form and be directly reimbursed, up to the approved limit, for reasonable expenses incurred such as travel, lodging, and meals associated with the workshop.
You qualify for financial support for an Early Career Mentoring Workshop (Early CMW-E/R/L) program if you meet all of the following criteria:
- A graduate student in year three or later, post-doc, early career faculty member, or early career researcher in an industrial or government lab
- A member of the computing field community
- Attending or affiliated with an institution in the United States or its territories
- A woman
NOTE: Priority will be given to Early CMW applicants who are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its territories.
[Will provide Agenda and Slides for SIGCSE 2015]
[Use photos from SIGCSE 2015 Album on Flickr – slideshow]