Are you in the mid stages of your career in teaching and undergraduate education? Are you interested in interacting with successful senior women in your field that can give you advice on topics including:
- how to prepare for promotion to full professor, and beyond,
- how to be an even more effective and inspiring teacher, and
- how to balance work and life.
If so, participate in one of our Mid-Career Mentoring Workshops – Education (Mid CMW-E)
You are eligible to attend a Mid Career Mentoring Workshop-Education program, if you meet the following criteria:
- I am a mid-career faculty member (i.e. Associate professor) with equivalent experience (i.e. 6 plus years since graduate school).
- I am a member of the computing field community.
- I am interested in preparing myself for advancement to a senior level position.
- I am a woman in their mid stages of their career in teaching and undergraduate education.
Funding may be available for participants of Mid Career Mentoring Workshops if they meet the eligibility requirements listed below. Participants will be notified of any travel assistance upon acceptance to the workshop. If funded, the participant will submit a reimbursement form and be directly reimbursed, up to the approved limit, for reasonable expenses incurred such as travel, lodging, and meals associated with the workshop.
You qualify for financial support for a Mid Career Mentoring Workshop (Mid CMW-E/R/L) if you meet all of the following criteria:
- I am a mid-career faculty member (i.e. Associate Professor) or researcher in an industrial or government lab with equivalent experience (i.e. 6 plus years since graduate school)
- I am a member of the computing field community
- I am affiliated with an institution, industry lab, or government lab in the United States or its territories
- I am interested in preparing myself for advancement to a senior level position (full professor or senior researcher)
- I am a woman
NOTE: Priority will be given to Mid Career Mentoring Workshop applicants who are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its territories.
[Will provide Agenda and slides for FCRC 2015]
Use photos from FCRC 2015 Album on Flickr – Slideshow]