Are you in the early stages of a research career in academia? Are you interested in interacting with successful senior women in the field that can give you advice on topics including:
- how to build a great research program, advise students and get funding,
- how to be an effective and inspiring teacher,
- how to set yourself up for promotion and success, and
- how to balance work and life.
If so, participate in one of our Early Career Mentoring Workshops – Research (Early CMW-R).
You are eligible to attend an Early Career Mentoring Workshop-Research program if you meet the following criteria:
- A graduate student in her third year or later, or a post-doc.
- A woman in her early stages of a research career in academia.
- A member of the computer science community.
Funding may be available for participants of Early Career Mentoring Workshops if they meet the eligibility requirements listed below. Participants will be notified of any travel assistance upon acceptance to the workshop. If funded, the participant will submit a reimbursement form and be directly reimbursed, up to the approved limit, for reasonable expenses incurred such as travel, lodging, and meals associated with the workshop.
You qualify for financial support for an Early Career Mentoring Workshop (Early CMW-E/R/L) program if you meet all of the following criteria:
- A graduate student in year three or later, post-doc, early career faculty member, or early career researcher in an industrial or government lab
- A member of the computing field community
- Attending or affiliated with an institution in the United States or its territories
- A woman
NOTE: Priority will be given to Early CMW applicants who are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its territories.
[Will provide Agenda and Slides for FCRC 2015]
[Use photos from FCRC 2015 Album on Flickr – Slideshow]