CRA-W Distinguished Lecture Series sent two speakers to the NJ Women In Computing celebration. Dr. Margaret Burnett and Dr. Rebecca Wright were a tremendous asset to the NJ Women In Computing celebration and NCWIT award ceremony. They presented awards to female high school and college students who have demonstrated great potential in computing. Their talks were insightful, intriguing, and thought-provoking. They provided a model of what great research looks like for the large audience of female high school students who are aspiring to study computer science.
Here is how NJ Women in Computing celebration participants described the distinguished lectures they attended:
- “ I not only learn about their research but also learn about how to do research.”
- “Dr. Burnett’s talk helps me decide that I will work on this area for my graduate study.”
- “Dr. Wright’s research is so perfect that I can’t find any way that I would improve it.”
- “We now understand more what computer science research is about.”
- “ I want to be like them after finishing my high school, to have a computer science career.”