SPLASH 2019 PL & SE Mentoring Workshop: Application Deadline August 2
The workshop program will focus on important skills for beginning researchers and will offer mentoring opportunities with senior researchers attending the conference.
· How to network effectively at a conference? How to find your cohort? How to find a mentor and what to look for?
· What communication skills are essential for a research career? To give a good presentation? A good poster session talk? To write an outstanding paper?
· How do people pick their research area of interest or your advisor/mentor?
· What are the new, emerging areas in PL/SE?
· What are the differences between a research career in industry and in academia?
· What are the important work/life issues researchers deal with?
· How did PL/SE researchers successfully navigate their training experiences?
A limited amount of travel funding is available to support some student participants. Application instructions are available here: https://2019.splashcon.org/track/splash-2019-PLMW. The final deadline for all applications will be midnight EDT on August 2, 2019. Selected participants will be notified by September 4, 2019.