Apply today to attend the early or mid career mentoring workshops on November 19-20th in Washington, D.C.
Deadline: September 16th 2016
The goal of these workshops is to bring junior researchers and educators together with women already established in their fields. The established professionals provide practical information, advice, and support to their younger colleagues. For women in the early career track this workshop is designed to provide advice and mentoring for junior faculty and graduate students.
Early CMW tracks offered – November 19-20, 2016:
- Research labs and industry (Early CMW-Labs)
- Track serves researchers in industry and government research labs, and senior graduate students interested in research lab positions.
- Research universities (Early CMW-Research)
- Track targets junior faculty in research universities and senior PhD students interested in learning about faculty positions at teaching colleges and research universities.
The goal of these workshops is to increase the percentage of Computer Science and Engineering women faculty members and researchers/technologists who reach the top of their respective career tracks: faculty members by being promoted to full professor and researchers/technologists in industrial or governmental labs by being promoted to the top of their institution’s technical ladder or by entering upper management.
Mid CMW tracks offered November 19-20, 2016:
- Teaching colleges (Mid CMW-Education)
- Track targets mid-senior teaching faculty.
- Research labs and industry (Mid CMW-Labs)
- Track serves mid-career researchers in industry and government research labs.
- Research universities (Mid CMW-Research)
- Track targets senior faculty in research universities