The Modern Figures podcast features diversity advocates who share their stories, perspectives and pivotal moments along their journey in computing. The series, co-hosted by Drs. Kyla McMullen and Jeremy Waisome, is sponsored by NCWIT and led by the Institute for African-American Mentoring in Computer Science (iAAMCS).
In the second season, hear from a broad group of voices and advocates for the advancement of black women in tech, including:
- Diversifying computer science and the professoriate with Dr. Juan Gilbert (CRA-WP program mentor and a recipient of the CRA A. Nico Habermann Award)
- The importance of white allyship in broadening participation in computing with Dr. Colleen Lewis (CERP Collaborator)
- Finding inspiration to learn and grow with Pamela Gibbs (Grad Cohort alumna)
- How multiple mentors along with faith, determination and hard work helped Dr. Siobahn Day Grady (Grad Cohort alumna and speaker) reach success
- “Computer Science is for everyone” with Dr. Jamika Burge (CRA-WP Grad Cohort speaker)
- Extended “Ask Us” conversations around diversity and inclusion in computing
New episodes will debut every Monday through the end of May. To listen to the podcast, visit Apple iTunes, Google Podcast, Spotify, or Stitcher. Subscribe at http://modernfigurespodcast.com/subscribe-to-podcast/. Additionally, you can follow @modernfigurespodcast on Facebook and Instagram, and @ModFigsPodcast on Twitter.
- Have a story idea, or would you like to be featured on the podcast? Contact the co-hosts at email@example.com.
- Join the Modern Figures Podcast Twitter chat, “Elevating the Voices of Black Women & Girls in Tech,” as part of NCWIT Conversations for Change.