The Computing Research Association (CRA) seeks a full-time employee to join our team as a Program Assistant working with the CRA Center for Evaluating the Research Pipeline (CERP). The following description outlines the general nature of this position and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills necessary for this job.
The Program Assistant will be primarily responsible for the administrative aspects of CERP’s activities and projects including, but not limited to, managing contact lists and other information, supporting communications for various initiatives, and coordinating meetings and workshops (both virtual and in- person). This position also has responsibility for website administration, requiring a basic understanding of website design and development, enabling content update and page development.
The ideal candidate will be able to execute assigned tasks and responsibilities with accuracy and within required timelines. Creativity, attention to detail, and information management skills are highly desired. Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and a sense for diplomacy are important for success in this position.
Collaboration and teamwork are integral to this position and CRA’s core values. This position will include supporting CRA on miscellaneous projects and activities as needed. A willingness to broaden one’s awareness of the Computer Science and Engineering field is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Skilled in administrative tasks such as contact management, timeline tracking, note taking, and calendar management
- Background in WordPress and other website management systems
- Demonstrated experience actively engaging with stakeholders (including direct communications with leadership and preparing materials for external review)
- Experience with event coordination and planning (both virtual and in-person)
- Marketing and social media skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word and Excel), G Suite (Google Sheets, Google Docs), and other tools for information management
- Basic knowledge of higher education research and/or social science
- Understanding of database systems
- Familiarity with Google Scripts
- Familiarity with Qualtrics survey platform
- Experience using CVENT or other event management software
- Experience with MailChimp
- A firm understanding of accessibility needs and related services
Other Position Information
- This position will involve some travel to attend meetings, conferences, and
- This position does not require heavy lifting, but occasionally may include lifting small boxes, such as travel materials or paper (e.g., no more than 10-20 lbs).
- This position includes sitting for long periods of time in front of a computer
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- CRA offers an excellent benefits
- CRA is an equal-opportunity
- While the CRA office is located in Washington DC, applicants will have the option to work from a remote location with occasional trips to the home
To Apply: Interested parties should send a cover letter, resume, and a list of 2-3 references to employment[at]cra.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.