January 19 – CRA-E Graduate Fellows Program Nomination Deadline
January 27 – Distinguished Service Award Nomination Deadline
January 27 – A. Nico Habermann Award Nomination Deadline
January 27 – Main CRA Taulbee Survey Section Deadline
January 30 – CRA-WP Early Career Awards Nomination Deadline
January 30 – CRA Leadership Academy Application Deadline
February 1 – Scholarships for Women Studying Information Security Applications Due
February 10 – CCC Council Members Nomination Deadline
February 15 – Distributed Research Experiences for Undergraduates Applications Due
Below are more details on the deadlines listed above, as well as a list of upcoming events, from CRA and its programmatic committees. Please share these opportunities widely.
Computing Research Association
- Inaugural CRA Leadership Academy
CRA is seeking nominations of mid-career CS faculty who would benefit from attending a leadership academy, with both an in-person component on May 22-23 (in Chicago) and a virtual component.
Eligibility: Approaching promotion to full professor or recently promoted at a North American university which is a member of the CRA. Self-nominations are welcome. The nomination form can be found here. Nominations must be received by January 30.
- Nominations for both the Distinguished Service Award and the Nico Habermann Award are due January 27.
- The main CRA Taulbee Survey section is also due January 27.
Committee on Widening Participation in Computing Research (CRA-WP)
- The deadline for the Distributed Research Experiences for Undergraduates (DREU) program is February 15. Please encourage your undergraduate students to give research a try!
- The deadline for Scholarships for Women Studying Information Security (SWSIS) ($2,000 or more) is February 1. Please share this scholarship opportunity with your B.S. and M.S. students.
- Lastly, the deadline for CRA-WP Early Career Awards (both the Anita Borg Early Career Award and the Skip Ellis Early Career Award) is January 30.
Computing Community Consortium (CCC)
- The CCC is currently seeking nominations for new Council members. Please help the computing community by nominating outstanding colleagues for the CCC Council by February 10.
- The CCC is sponsoring six sessions at the AAAS 2023 Annual Meeting. Click here for more details on CCC’s sessions. Early registration for the AAAS meeting ends February 7.
Industry Committee (CRA-I)
- CRA-I recently launched the CRA-I Blog! The CRA-I Blog will share interesting articles, updates, and industry related events in the community. If you have articles to share on the blog, please contact Helen Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CRA-I, in collaboration with CCC and CRA-WP, will host a workshop on Accessible Technology for All, February 22-23 in DC. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
Education Committee (CRA-E)
- While seats are still available, CRA-E will continue to accept applications for its annual Professional Development Event for Teaching-Track Faculty at SIGCSE 2023 (to be held March 15th).
- The CRA-E Graduate Fellows Program is accepting nominations until January 19.
Center for Evaluating the Research Pipeline (CERP)
- CERP will host a Departmental BPC Plan Workshop at SIGCSE 2023, as two 3-hour workshops (on March 17 and 18). Early registration for SIGCSE 2023 ends February 3.
- The Data Buddies Survey is active and closes on February 27.
- A new BPC Literature Database is now available on bpcnet.org.
- Evaluation reports for CISE REU Site Projects will be available by January 31.
CRA Government Affairs
- NSF receives historic budget increase.
- After a pause due to the pandemic, the next Leadership in Science Policy Institute (where computing researchers can get educated on U.S. science policy) will be held November 15-17. More details soon. For now, save the date!
- CRA will also hold its annual Congressional Visit Day in person this year. The date is not yet determined (typically mid-September). The CRA Government Affairs Office will send a call for participants by July.